What is Chiropractic?
Chiropractic is based on the scientific premise that the body is a self-regulating, self-healing organism, with all our bodily functions being controlled by the brain, spinal cord and all the nerves of the body.Chiropractic looks at the relationship between your body’s structure, being primarily the spine and the pelvis, and your body’s function, coordinated by the nervous system.Nurturing this relationship can affect the preservation and restoration of your health. Basically, good health depends, in a large sense, on a healthy functioning nervous system – and a healthy spine means a healthy life.
So how does that work?
When your spine is free of interference and you brain can speak to all the cells, tissues, and organs of your body, you are able to function well and better resist disease and ill health. However, interferences to the nervous system can disrupt the transmission of controlling nerve impulses. For example, a common interference to the nervous system is the twenty-four moving bones of the spinal column. A loss of normal motion or position of these bones can irritate or impair the function of the nervous system, therefore affecting your body’s ability to function well.
Here’s where Chiropractors come in! Your Soul Chiropractors aim to improve your nervous system primarily through chiropractic adjustments (manual care), network entrainments (energy healing) yoga, corrective and restorative postural exercises focusing on the spine, skull, and pelvis, to help “get the issues out of the tissues” and remove any interference that may be impairing your health!
Network Chiropractic Care
Network Care is a contemporary form of chiropractic that has, quite literally, been making waves since it was first developed over 30 years ago. Using precise and gentle touches, it engages a person’s brain to assess their tension and stress patterns.
The Soul Network Care practitioners cause the body to produce visible waves that travel throughout the body, releasing tension and stored information. The typical result is a person feeling more flexible and at ease, breathing more freely, coping with stress and having a dramatically enhanced experience of life.Network Care represents a significant paradigm shift in the practice of Chiropractic. In the 1970’s and the early 1980’s Dr Donny Epstein an American chiropractor, decided to combine the original principles of chiropractic with a growing awareness of ancient and emerging healing practices such as Tai Chi, Qi Gong, and Ayurveda.
Instead of pushing on “stuck” spinal joints (those with limited movement or often a large amount of stored energy) he experimented with focusing his attention on joints that were already working. He applied gentle pressure on spinal segments that seemed to be moving freely and therefore receptive to his touch. His intention was to work in unison with the body’s natural rhythms and intelligence instead of trying to manually enforce a correction.
The results were unprecedented. Most obvious in the beginning were large spontaneous body movements (wriggling, twisting and stretching) and releases of emotion. More impressive were the results his patients began to report: reduced pain and improved organ function. They also reported feeling more free and at ease in themselves, more self-confident and expressive, coping better with stress and having a much clearer experience of their body and their feelings.
The questions is: Do you know what condition your spine and nervous system is in?
“Your health and longevity are determined by how you are healing and NOT just how you are feeling. How you are feeling and how you are healing are not necessarily related. In fact, how you feel can actually be one of the poorest ways to measure the true status of your health”. Dr Espen Hjalmby – Soul Founder
- The Network Spinal Wave as a Central Pattern Generator
- Epstein D, Senzon S, Lemberger D. The Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine, Volume 22, Number 7, 2016, pp. 544-556
- Resolution of Panic Disorder and Improved Quality of Life in a Patient Receiving Network Spinal Analysis and Somato Respiratory Integration Care: A Case Report
- Lucks C, Lucks L. J. Annals of Vertebral Subluxation Research. October 17, 2016, pp. 111-
- Stationary regime for Standing Wave Central Pattern Generator
- Martin del Campo R, Jonckheere E. GlobalSIP 2015 — Symposium on Signal Processing and Mathematical Modeling of Biological Processes with Applications to Cyber-Physical Systems for Precise Medicine. Orlando, Florida, USA December 14–16 2015
- Reorganization of the Cervical Curve & Improved Quality of Life Following Network Spinal Analysis Care: A Case Study
- Knowles D, Knowles R, Burnier B. Annals of Vertebral Subluxation Research. December 7, 2015. pp 217-225
- Resolution of Abdominal Migraines & Improvements in Concentration & Learning in a 6-Year-Old Girl Following Network Spinal Analysis Care: A Case Study
- Lucks C, Lucks L. J. Pediatric Maternal & Family Health – Chiropractic. Volume 2015, Issue 4. pp 140-148
- 12th International Research and Philosophy Symposium (IRAPS) Sherman College of Chiropractic Spartanburg, SC October 10-11, 2015
- Various Authors. Annals of Vertebral Subluxation Research. November 27, 2015. pp 184-212.
- Improvements in Mood, Posture and Balance in an Older Patient Receiving Chiropractic Care: A Case Study
- Bredin M, Putt K. Annals of Vertebral Subluxation Research ~ May 21, 2015 ~ Pages 125-129
Why get Chiropractic Care?
The common misconception that chiropractors just deal with bad backs and push bones back into place or “crack your spine” is long gone. Chiropractic is actually about maintaining a healthy nervous system, posture, and energy levels!
We know through science that our brain and nerves control every function within your body 24/7. This includes all those things you don’t need to think about like how many time your heartbeats, or how to digest your last meal. The thing is, because of our lifestyles, stress, strains and old injuries, we can put stress or pressure on nerves in the spine which can affect whatever part of the body that nerve runs to. The thing is, research has shown that only 10% of the nerves in your body actually register pain so you can have pressure or stress on a nerve for weeks, months and years without you actually being consciously aware that it’s there.
Unfortunately, during that time, your body will often begin to break down and you become unwell. The basic philosophy of Chiropractic is that your body has an incredible ability to heal itself, given the right environment and of course, no interference. By staying well adjusted and if committing our Soul Services is right for you, you have the chance to experience an unprecedented level of health and vitality.
Conditions & symptoms patients commonly present with
Imagine driving your car when suddenly the red light starts blinking on your dashboard.Similarly to this signal, symptoms are messages from your body indicating that change is needed or something is going on. Like the red blinking lights on your dash, these symptoms are best not to ignore or cover-up with pain-relieving medication. Pay attention to symptoms and always ask the question “what might my body be trying to tell me?
Your body can absorb the enormous number of stresses you are exposed to in your everyday life and adapt to changes in your environment. It also compensates for areas that are not functioning well over long periods of time, as well as recover from a huge variety of illness and accidents.
It is because of this extraordinary capacity that the symptoms of illness often develop only when your body simply cannot cope or compensate anymore. Some common symptoms patients present include:
- Back pain
- Neck pain
- Chronic fatigue